lrheader Home About Media Contact

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Steel Magnolias



In just a few days, October 7,  the remake of Steel Magnolias will air on LifeTime. (Victoria White the producer of the original film, threatens its premiere, the Huffington Post reports.)

From the very first time I watched Steel Magnolias it became one of my all time favorites. It's in the category of The Color Purple, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Help, and The Secret Life of Bees. Each time I've watched it, it's like I've never seen it before.

With a whole new cast of women I love, Phylica Rashad, Jill Scott, Queen Latifah, and Alfrie Woodard I wondered what could they possibly have to offer this classic??? I don't know, but I sure am excited to watch and find out.

When I first learned of the remake and the cast, I laughed out loud. I just knew Alfrie Woodard would be Ouisser... and she is. I'm looking forward to her characters sass and attitude.

With only five days before Steel Magnolias airs (hoping that injunction fails, or LifeTime sees the light and pays Ms. White what she's due), I'm going to try and find a copy of the book, and watch the original movie in preparation for the remake.

Are you a fan of the original movie? If so what do you think about remaking such a classic film? Before you respond watch the following trailer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin