lrheader Home About Media Contact

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Working It Out

Since Mr. Husband got the family a gym membership, I've been hitting and missing. Once a week... two at the most I've visited the gym and done a little something-something.

Truth be told, I've not been that motivated to lift weights, walk on a treadmill, or use the elliptical machines. I get bored with doing the same thing over and over... unless it's fun. Fun motivates me to go back and do it again, and again.

For several weeks, I've watched women participate in classes. From time to time I'd hear their music, and occasionally the instructor singing a little loud over her microphone. Last week I got off the merry-go-round of the elliptical machine and joined them.

I started with a BodyPump class, and this week I've attended BodyPump, CXWORKS, Kick boxing, aaaaand BodyVive. I've enjoyed them all, and they all offer something a little different than the other. The most important thing is the variety along with it being fun, which equals MOTIVATION!!!

My 12 year-old and I did BodyVive together, so far it's my favorite. It's not dancing but close enough, and I love to dance. It looks so simple, but before I knew it I was sweating, and muscles were b! The music is great! 'Let's Stay Together,' 'Let's Hear It For The Boy', and 'You Give Love A Bad Name,' were just a few songs that had me grooving. The instructor and to remind me a few times, "No bouncing keep your hips still and just move your legs."

Kickboxing was kick butt! Before I did even one kick, I was exhausted from the warm up, and floor exercise. I used muscles I forgot I had. When the class was over I felt so empowered, like I could kick some butt!

I must admit there is another motivation. Someone has snuck into my closet and shrunk my clothes. Therefore I'm making a sacrifice and losing weight to fit in them again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin