lrheader Home About Media Contact

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lunch For A Healthier Me


Recently, I made a commitment to exercising, and working out. Yes... again! Exercise is only one part of the equation when it comes to losing weight. There's a little thing called diet.

Every morning I get up and fix breakfast for Mr. Husband and the kids before they leave for work and school. But I don't eat breakfast. The thing is, I don't want what I fix for them. I may eat a couple of pieces of bacon, or a little something, and that's it.

Mr. Husband reminds me often, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I'm sure the brownie and ice cream I had Tuesday morning isn't want he was talking about.

My biggest issue is not eating lunch. Although I'm usually done by three o'clock every day, I might grab something out of the vending machine (a big no-no), or just wait till I get home. If I wait then I'm gorging on any and everything I can get my hands on, another terrible thing to do.

A conversation with my friend yesterday inspired me to do better when it comes to my eating habits. I am challenging myself to take my lunch the rest of the month.

Now I'm on the look out for great lunch ideas. The following sites have some great lunch ideas!

Kraft Foods Quick and Easy Lunches

Good House Keeping Healthy Lunch Recipes

Food Networks ideas and lunch recipes

2 comments:

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Hi LaTonya - are you on Pinterest? There a boatloads of boards with ideas for lunches. Good luck I know what you mean about the "again" part.

Krystal Grant said...

OK, great minds think alike because I just wrote about losing weight and doing better on my blog today. My lunch time routine is awful. I eat fast food every day for lunch and it always includes french fries and a coke. It's terrible. This is too expensive and too unhealthy. I want to commit packing my own lunch. Thanks for the websites. I'm sure they will help give me ideas about healthy lunch choices.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin