Wednesday, September 26, 2012
I've been wearing contacts for more than a few months now, and I truly enjoy being able to see without wearing glasses. So far my contacts haven't given me any trouble... That was until yesterday!
First, I must give you a little back ground. This summer I've had a terrible time with a weird cough, and breaking out in hives. Sunday night was the latest episode resulting in a trip to the ER. The next day I was suppose to see the allergist, but couldn't because to stop the allergic reaction I had to have histamines. And histimines would affect the allergy test.
I was able to reschedule for Thursday. Lucky me, the next available appointment is November 15.
Fast forward to Monday. My daughter's legs were sore, and I rubbed her achy legs with BioFreeze. Afterwards, I washed my hands, washed my hands, and washed them some more. I could not get the smell to go away. I was positive BioFreeze was no longer on my hands, but I wasn't willing to stick my fingers in my eyes to remove my contacts. With everything else going on with allergic reactions I was not willing to take the risk. So I slept in my contacts.
Last night, after a full day my eyes were a little dry, tired, and irritated. I kept feeling something a little scratchy... then it got worse. Realizing it was my contacts I rushed to take them out. It didn't take long to realize the left contact was no longer where it should be, and was lost. The contact had made it's way up, somewhere under my eyelid.
My first instinct was to panic. On second thought I calmed down and started working to get that thing out of my eye! Finally, after a little maneuvering, and ingenuity the contact and my eye parted ways without incident.
This morning like all others, I put my contacts back on and went on my merry way!
Labels: Looks like crazy