lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, August 3, 2012

Now You See It, Now You Don't


This is my daughter's cheer camp t-shirt, after my mom washed it. The red bled and turned the white... a nice shade of pink. She tried to correct the color, but was unsuccessful. Friday morning baby girl needed the shirt for an event, I had to move fast.

My initial thought was to find stain snatcher sheets, but remembered a line of stain removers by Carbona Stain Devils.  We were introduced a couple years ago, when a pen was washed, and dried in a load of of khaki, and white uniform clothes. After setting for more than a month, the ink remover worked like a charm. I was sold.

When I saw Carbona had a color run remover I was confident it would work. I followed the directions, and started watching... 5 minutes, 30 minutes, and no change. One hour passed, then three stirring occassionally per instructions, but still the shirt remained pink.

Finally, we moved the soaking shirt into the bathroom, where it would be out of sight, and out of smelling range. It smelled like a dirty fish tank. After hours of soaking, it seemed to be less pink... more like a hint of pink. I finished the process, by rinsing and washing the shirt, and throwing it in the dryer. The next morning the outcome was...


Pretty good huh?!

I know right!

No one knew the shirt had been pink the day before, and my mom was amazed! 

Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation, or products for this post. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin