lrheader Home About Media Contact

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I still can't believe, another year has come and gone, and I'm face to face with a brand new year. Twelve brand new months of opportunities, possibilities and adventures await me. Before I look forward, I have to look back.

2010 was great! I received my very first blogger award, and in the same year wrote my 100th (January), and 200th post (December). I embarked on a cooking adventure, Project What's For Dinner, and had the best Spring Break, Staycation EVER.

Mr. Husband gifted me with a FLIP video camera that I have used to record the kids, vlog, and make a video of my 2010 Race For The Cure experience. I even vlogged a four-day series of clearing a small landscaped plot in our yard. That turned out to be a huge undertaking.

One of the highlights of 2010, was Michelle Obama coming to town to speak at UAPB's graduation. Although I was peeping through a camera man's legs in order to see her... I was there!

I've learned so much about social media, and grown as a writer. Understanding where I fit in, my purpose and direction has been a huge boost of confidence. I became the Mayor of my WalMart on Foursquare, attended two blogger meetups in my area.

Jennifer James, has a quote by Donald Trump on her blog, "If you're going to be thinking, you might as well think big. Ready or not, 2011 here I come, full speed ahead.

6 comments:

Fawn said...

So glad I got to meet you IRL in 2010! Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for 2011!

Mining for Diamonds said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog! How inspiring to hear how you've grown as a writing and blogger this year! Perhaps I'll learn a few tips from you this year. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude and your outlook. Your energy is permeating across cyberspace. Good for you! I share your sentiments.

@grownupforeal

Desperately Seeking Gina said...

So glad you've learned so much about social media because I'm learning a ton from you!

happy 2011!

La'Tonya Richardson said...

And I'll make sure to share what I learn! I think we should empower each other.

Tasha said...

You go girl, i love reading positive things such as this, it shows me that although i am new to blogging, that if i keep on pressing forward, it will be so worth it....

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin