lrheader Home About Media Contact

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me!

At 41 years of age, with five children ages 20 to almost 10, the craziest thing that could happen to me now, is to get pregnant!
Last week, while laying in bed I felt a thump... thump... between my breast bone and navel. "Gas," I said immediately. Mr. Husband, funny man, responded, "You're not pregnant are you?"

In an instant I went from, I can't hold my eyes open, I'm so sleepy, already in the bed at 8:30, to all the way left!

After carrying and birthing five children, I know a thing or two... five, about baby movements, and kicking. And my mind went there. Needless to say, I was NO LONGER sleepy!

I felt that thump, thump again. My eyes got HUGE. Putting both hands on my stomach, while laying flat on my back, I felt something. Something like a... a... baby!

I was ready to get out of bed, and run to Wal-Mart. I told Mr. Husband, put your hand here. Feel it. I was talking to my dog-gone self. He had fallen to sleep, and left me awake talking to myself. I was in full panic attack mode! No, I'm not a drama Mama! The longer I laid there, the more I felt little flutters. I was just about convinced.

I'm not knocking women who decide to have children later. But for Mr. Husband and I, we're enjoying our children being older. They are mostly self sufficient, and able to take care of each other. When we all want to leave the house, I don't have to make a bottle, or pack a diaper bag. The best part, we NO LONGER PAY DAYCARE! (Hallelujah Chorus).

I loved when my children were young, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Honestly, having babies is hard work, rewarding, but hard work. We had a baby, or babies, and paid daycare from 1989 to 2004 (when my youngest went to kindergarten). That's 15 years!

Two years ago, I had a procedure that left me unable to bear children, but did not make me sterile. That means there's always a possibility.

The next morning after my psychotic episode, I ended up in the ER after a car accident. Before x-rays, I asked the nurse for a pregnancy test. It only confirmed my mind was indeed playing tricks on me!

Like I said, "Gas."

5 comments:

mr. nichols said...

Wow. I don't know where to begin. First, I should start by saying that I know I'm reading something good if my eye flashes down to the bottom because I can't resist waiting to see what's going to happen.

Second, I know that must be a relief. I know babies at any age are a blessing but it sounds like you and your husband are looking forward to the time when it can just be you two and I know a child would put a crimp in those plans, at least for 18 years or so.

Third, car accident?! I hope you are okay.

V said...

yeah i had that "it's gas" feeling and well it wasn't.

day/child care is expensive! kids are expensive.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

HEY! I found your blog through BlogRollers and I wanted to stop by say "Hey" and join your blog family. I've successfully completed all 3.
:-)

Woah... that must have been terrifying. I have this really strong pulse in my stomach that used to worry me all the time!!

I can't wait to have babies.
I gotta fit into my wedding dress first.

Come by and visit my blog
Me & My Ego
www.jenellybean.blogspot.com
Join my blog and Follow me!

Unknown said...

Hey La'Tonya!

I'm sitting at my computer and just 5 seconds ago my husband told me that you were in an accident. Thank God you're okay! Please make sure to go back and check on yourself, you know how those pains from the past can resurface.

Also, being pregnant vs. gas ... I'll take the gas for $200 please. I completely feel you!

Alicia aka MyBusyMind said...

Gas, it's always the gas. Congrats to you and Mr. Husband on not being preggo.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin