lrheader Home About Media Contact

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's OUT!!!


The unofficial start of summer is not Memorial Day, (heard that on TV), it’s actually the last day of school. Yahoo, school is out! (SCREAMING)

Friday, the bell rang the very last time of the school year, for most of the children in my neck of the woods. I’m sure they are excited to be free from school for the next two and a half months.

So long hall passes, recess, cafeteria ladies and teachers. School day pictures, orchestra concerts, parent teacher conferences, detention and the like.

Not only are the kids and teachers taking a break, parents are as well. No more waking up at 5:30am to get (drag) the bus riders in our house out of the bed. Running to school, with left behind lunch money, instruments, books, and home work is on hold.

I’m excited right now, knowing after the first two weeks of summer break, my lovely children will become, The Monsters. They will eat everything, and look for more like scavengers. After receiving the first water and electricity bill of the summer, and viewing the increase by 20%, I’ll be ready for school to start. Shoot, I’ll be counting down the days.

I can hear my mother’s voice, “Pay back is hell.” Yes it is, Mama. Yes it is.

I’ve made a list of things “to do” and places “to go” on my “No work Friday’s.” So far 12 things have made The List. We have 10 or 11 weeks of summer ahead of us. While we (I) can, we’re going to enjoy the summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin