lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, June 5, 2009

Drive By Shooting - Whistle Stop Cafe

Whistle Stop Cafe


After dropping off our oldest daughter at her summer intern, we were headed home, through the same little towns that led us there. Seemingly out of nowhere appeared a sign that read, Whistle Stop Café <--.

I was so excited I almost hung myself with the seat belt trying to get to my camera. I’ve wanted to do a drive by shooting, since I saw Margaret’s at www.nannygoatsinpanties.com. I’ve searched high and low for the perfect opportunity. And there it was. Finally!

The Whistle Stop Café is the center one of my favorite movies, “Fried Green Tomatoes,” starring Jessica Tandy, Kathy Bates, Cicely Tyson… It was located in a small southern town, next to the railroad tracks, just like this one sitting on Hwy 49, in Fair Oaks, Arkansas. It might not be the best picture, but hey we WERE driving, and cars were behind us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin