lrheader Home About Media Contact

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Ready to Play


It’s hard to stay motivated to exercise. Then add other factors like, work, kids, spouse, and other obligations and responsibilities, and it gets tougher. I don’t know about others, but when it comes to doing things for my family, it’s easier to stay committed. I can get everyone to their activities, and be a task master about it. When it comes to exercising, something that will benefit me, it becomes a chore!

On top of trying to juggle the kids, and life, with exercising, I easily become uninterested in doing the same things over and over. I want exercising to be fun, and I don’t want to go it alone. For that reason, I’m continuously on the look out for various, and fun ways to exercise. Recently while reading the February issue of “Fitness” magazine, I came across Trend Watch – Recess Revisited.

Karin Schmidt, and athletic and fitness trainer in Portland, OR, came up with a cool idea. She recognized, (just like me,) her clients lost interest in traditional methods of training. She took recess games, and turned them into an alternative work out. How cool is that! I’d much rather play hopscotch, kickball, or jump rope instead, of lifting, squatting and pulling. As a kid, I enjoyed recess, and P. E., and I think I can enjoy it just as much today.

I’m not fitness a trainer, but I think I can get a group of ladies together a couple times a week for good old black top recess fun. I’ve already started my list of ladies to call. I'm ready to act like an adult, and play like a kid. My goal weight is in sight, and within reach. Look out summer, here I come. I’m ready to play!

1 comments:

Chaotically Calm said...

I totally dig this idea. Instead of divising yet another work out routine that by March would fall by the waist side I've decided to get involved in tons of activities. The most recent that I've roped my friends into is indoor rock wall climbing. Wish me luck!

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin