I don't know about you, but I am so looking forward to Spring! February 2, the ground hog did not see his shadow. I have no idea what a ground hog in Pennsylvania has to do with the weather in Arkansas but, hey (shrugs shoulders). The geese are returning, and that screams SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE BEND!!!
Every year around this time, I have a need for spring and warmer weather. Following is a list of 7 reasons I'm looking forward to spring season.
1. Flip-Flops! - As soon as the cool weather breaks, and there is ANY warmth I kicking off my shoes and wearing flip-flops. At the end of last summer two of my favorites flipped their last flop, leaving me with only one pair. It's safe to say I'm on the hunt for at least three pair, maybe more!
2. Longer days - I love being outside. The more light there is... the longer I will stay outside, and find reasons to be outside.
3. Blooming color - The naked trees and dry grass of winter has almost given me the blues. I love watching everything turn from gray to bright and pretty colors. Soon my neighborhood will be the prettiest place in the world!
4. My Birthday - Need I say more?
5. Fruit - I am looking forward to seasonal, and local grown fruit and vegetables. One of my favorites is fried green tomatoes!
6. Happy Hour - Although Sonic Drive-In's Happy Hour is all year long, it's not until warmer weather that my family makes regular visits. My favorite is cranberry tea with sprite. So refreshing!
7. Frogs and Crickets - Bayou Bartholomew runs near my house, and after a spring rain the frogs and crickets are so very loud... And I love it! It reminds me of being at my grandparents house in the country. I could sit outside, and listen to it for HOURS!
Are you looking forward to spring? Why or why not?