lrheader Home About Media Contact

Thursday, March 22, 2012

March Madness

Women's NCAA Basketball - UALR vs. Delaware

March Madness kicked off Sunday, and my family and I were right in the middle of it! The first and second rounds of the NCAA women's basketball tournaments was in Little Rock, on the campus of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Round one, the home team UALR Lady Trojans took on Elana Della Donne, and the University of Delaware's Blue Hens.

When Mr. Husband told our girls we'd be attending the game, my girls were ecstatic! They immediately started talking about the 6'5 Della Donne. Of course, I had no idea who she was. Thursday, my daughter told my mother we'd be attending the game, and who'd be playing... and she started going on, and on about Delle Donne, as well. Who knew MY mother knew???

Game day, eight of us attended the game. Although we sat on UALR's side, we were kind of cheering for both teams. My mom and youngest daughter cheered really loud for Della Donne, people were looking. Hands down, my mom had the most fun!

Initially, we knew there were two games, but didn't know who would be playing the second one. Flipping through the sports section of the paper Mr. Husband announced, it was Kansas and Nebraska. We were totally stoked! Number 5 of the Lady Jay Hawks, is my friends daughter Bunny Williams. We saw her play on TV, and we were going to see her play, up close and in person!

Bunny with the ball
Delaware beat UALR, and Kansas beat Nebraska, both games were awesome! I don't think my family will ever forget that game, especially my mom! This was a great way to kick-off Spring Break.

On Tuesday, we watched the match up of Kansas and Delaware on ESPN. Kansas won!

1 comments:

Krystal Grant said...

*whispering* I don't like basketball. Shhhhhh.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin