lrheader Home About Media Contact

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'll Always Love You


I will always remember where I was when I heard about Whitney Houston's death... In Sam's! I received a text, and I immediately took to Twitter to confirm. My heart dropped.

The first thing I thought of was her music, and the first song I remember her singing. Then I thought back a little further, I remember her before her music career. Whitney was a model for Seventeen Magazine, and was the first black woman to be on the cover.

In 1995 I danced like I was crazy to I Wanna Dance With Somebody, and sang The Greatest Love of All to the top of my lungs! 

  
I loved her in The Preacher's Wife. I literally burned up a cassette tape of the soundtrack. Although I loved the entire soundtrack, my favorites have to be I Love The Lord, and He's All Over Me.

When my oldest daughter was little, Whitney produced "Cinderella," where she was the Fairy God Mother. We still have that video tape somewhere. Our favorite song from that movie was Impossible.



When she sang The National Anthem for the Super Bowl XXV, I was on my feet with tears streaming down my face. I was so very moved. I had never before cried during the singing of The Star Spangled Banner, and haven't since.

My favorite of all time Whitney Houston song has to be I'll Always Love You, from the soundtrack of The Body Guard. She has given the world plenty of music, as well as memories. No matter what else she did, I choose to remember her as the song bird she was.



RIP Whitney Houston!

2 comments:

hangingwithangie said...

It really is just unbelievable isn't it?? I was laying on my sofa and got a google talk message from my mother that said "Whitney Houston Dead".. I screamed and went to twitter. It was all over twitter then I turned on CNN and there it was. A voice like that can never be copied. May her soul be at rest and at peace.

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Angie - You're right, her voice can't be copied!

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin