lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, December 9, 2011

Pizza Night At Big Daddy's House

This week was super busy. So far we've had two basketball games, a choir Christmas concert, and play practice at church. And we're not done! Wednesday night dinner was a little late, but Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr.'s Savory Taco Chicken Pizza, with Guacamole and Chipotle Salsa was a snap to make and get on the table without a lot of fuss.

Chef McCargo's recipes being so easily adaptable, is  I like most about thi Because of our schedule, instead of grilling the chicken, I prepped it per directions, put it in the oven to bake, while I was away. Mr. Husband, my reluctant sous chef, was in charge of making sure it didn't burn.

Because my family is large, I made a double batch of packaged pizza dough. Instead of dividing and making indivual servings, I made one large pizza. My extra large pizza pan was perfect.

While the pizza was in the oven, I made the guacamole, and attempted something a little different than we're used to, fried hominy. Last week on Top Chef Texas, one of the contestants made it for a progessive dinner party. An impulse decision after seeing two cans in the cabinet, I had to make it. Instead of fried hominy, it was more like smothered hominy. Either way... I think I stumbled across something... something only I ate.

Finally, the moment we were waiting for. Although there was no sauce, my family was receptive to Taco Chicken Pizza. Three of us topped our pizza with the quacamole, and we all dug in. I left the chipotle salsa out this time, again adaptability is very important.

The first bite, everyone was very quiet... then I got the nod of approval, followed by chatter about how good it was. Dinner as usual, eating... laughing... and a lot of talking. My 15 year old daughter said it's like something that would be at Larry's Pizza. We both love that place!

Rating: 4 Fork

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book as swag gift, at a conference. I have not received any compensation for my posts about the book or recipes. My thoughts, comments, and opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin