Tuesday, December 13, 2011
It's December 13, and we've yet to put up our Christmas tree, and I've not said "Merry Christmas," one time! It seems the spirit of Christmas present has just passed me by.
It could be that the end of the semester mayhem has a little something to do with it. I still have what seems like miles of papers to grade, not to mention give and grade finals.
My girls busy basketball schedules of practices and games have contributed as well.
Actually, I've been thinking about Spring break (13 weeks away), more than I have Christmas. I know it's sad.
I really don't want this holiday season to pass, and I not get in the swing of things. So I plan on doing a few things to summons the Christmas spirit.
1. Deck the halls: This weekend, we're dragging the tree out of the attic, and decorating the house.
2. Adding a little Falalalala: I'm bringing out the big guns... Christmas music. Filling the air with holiday music is a sure way to get me in the spirit. I'm going to play music in the house, my car, and my office. It's going to be Christmas everywhere I go.
3. Spread Christmas Cheer: For the past several years my children and I have collected gifts for a local women's shelter. This year we'lll do the same. Being a blessing to someone else, always puts me in a warm place.
4. Create & Mail Christmas Cards: This year, I'm making our Christmas cards, to include a collage picture of my family. I've become very proficient with picnik. That means I really need to get moving!
5. Cook up the Christmas Spirit: I'm going to crank up the ovens, and make cookies, candies and other goodies to share and give as gifts.
6. Release the smell of Christmas: A couple of years ago, I came across a wonderful smell in a small shop. I asked a lady about the fragrance. It was 'The Smell of Christmas.' It comes in potpouri, candles, and oils. That alone is the spark I need.
What do you do to get in the Christmas Spirit?