lrheader Home About Media Contact

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's The Climb

Today is Biggest Loser, and my weigh in. I'm still holding at a five pound loss, but glad I didn't gain.

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my renewed commitment to losing weight, with the kick-off of the Biggest Loser. That's when my friend and I bear crawled across a football field. This weekend, we were at it again. Because we both have children that are uber busy, we have to make time to workout, and that's not always easy. In the past couple of weeks, we've not been able to workout together, at all. We made a date to do something different to keep our momentum and motivation going. Saturday, we climbed a mountain, Pinnacle Mountain.

It's not Mount Kilimanjaro, or the Himalayans, but it is one of seven peeks of the Ouachita Mountain Range, and is 1,011 above the Arkansas River. And I might add, is a helluva workout! We started out on the Base Trail, with a moderate difficulty level, and after about 35 - 40 minutes, our climb started, via the East Summit Trail. The more we walked, it became a real climb, with the degree of difficulty changing to strenuous.

As we continued to walk further up the mountain, it got really difficult at times. We'd take an occasional peak out through the trees, and the view gave us the motivation to keep going. As a old song says... "to see what the ends gonna be."

The view from more than 1,000 feet sea level (actually the Arkansas River) was breath taking, to say the least! An added bonus... there were eagles flying and soaring. We sat there for a while, relaxed, took pictures, talked, and marveled at just how awesome God is.

The entire time going up, I had Miley Cyrus' song in my head, 'The Climb.' I know it seems cheesy, but...



2 comments:

KCSherri said...

You're kickin' butt! Way to go, girl!

This season of TBL is a little "meh" for me - I don't like how they've divided the teams by age. Now the old team is down to two....Good luck, tho, on your journey - sounds like you're making great progress!

Step-parent's Cove said...

Are you from Arkansas? I graduated from Gurdon. I once missed my beloved Arkansas, but Colorado has truly became home.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin