lrheader Home About Media Contact

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Going Pink For The Cure

This week, Governor Mike Beebe declared October 7, as Arkansas GO PINK FOR THE CURE DAY, (the 2011 proclamation). It's an effort to get the entire state involved in breast cancer awareness.

For the past two years I've worn a pink wig in the Race For The Cure. Last year, I even wore the wig to work the Friday, before the race. Although I'll miss this years race, I will show my support of breast cancer awareness with pink hair. Before I learned of the above proclamation, I found and bought pink hair spray. Yes, pink hair spray!

In stead of a pink wig, MY hair will be pink October 7th. Between now and then, I will work on putting together a nice pink ensemble. Although I get excited about the Race For The Cure, and all the fanfare that goes with it, breast cancer is NOT fun.

Let's keep raising awareness until the mystery of this disease is discovered and eradicated. What are you and/or your community doing to bring awareness to breast cancer awareness?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin