lrheader Home About Media Contact

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mission: Weight Down

February 19, I started training for the Capital City Classic 10K. I walked. I ran, (something I don't normally do), and I pushed myself harder than I ever have for a physical goal. Although it wasn't part of why I was walking, I lost a few pounds.

April 2, came and a migraine kept me from participating in that race, One Monkey Won't Stop A Race. I've not walked, or done any other exercise since, unless you include eating as an exercise . At first I was really disappointed! I had blogged, vlogged, Cinchcast, and Tweeted about being "On my way to a 10K."

A few years ago, I'd gotten to my heaviest and took action, losing 18 pounds, two pounds of my goal weight of 140. Since then, I've been able to maintain a healthy weight of 145, 147 around the holidays. That is until this summer, I cooked. I ate. I gained!

For the first time in three years, I weigh more than 150 lbs. It's not just about getting in a certain size (I would like to wear my clothes. My pants are too tight, and I'm wearing dresses!), but I have high blood pressure. The more I gain, my numbers go up, as well as the dosage of my medicine. I don't want that!

While I was cooking, and eating all summer my friend has been working out. And she's lost 10 lbs!!! Today, I start working out with her, and I'm excited! My goal 10 lbs, wear my clothes, and less medicine!

1 comments:

Kenya G. Johnson said...

I try to tell myself also - health first. But it's usually the standing in the closet trying to find something that fits that motivates me into action. Today we had a beautiful humidity free morning and I walked. Once I get on a roll with it - maybe I can lose 10 lbs too. Good luck!!

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin