lrheader Home About Media Contact

Monday, July 18, 2011

25 Years Have Come & Gone So Fast




Last month was my 25th class reunion! I know you can't believe it, but it's true. And yes, I know you're thinking we look like we're about 26 years old. Thank you very much.

I had plans of losing about 10 lbs., and covering coloring my gray hair, in preparation. But those plans fell through. It's funny how we lose track of plans because more important things demand our attention. Those extra 10 lbs., and a few patches of gray hair didn't make a difference.

Although I was only able to attend one event, Friday night, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I saw classmates I hadn't seen since June 3rd, 1986, and others I've seen once or twice, and only a few I've seen more. I couldn't believe how happy I was to see them all!

On my way back home that night, riding in silence, all I could do was smile. It seemed just like yesterday I was in high school cheering at football, and basket ball games, listening to Prince's "Little Red Corvette," and having nachos for lunch at Campus Inn.

I am looking forward to the next reunion, seeing everyone and doing it all over again.

Twenty five years have come and gone so fast
I might as well be dreaming
Sunny days have burned a path
Across another season
A fortune rises to the sky
Ten years come and gone so fast

(Taken from Oprah's 10 year anniversary theme song, by Paul Simon)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin