lrheader Home About Media Contact

Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as well as Arkansas' Susan G. Komen's Race for the cure.

This year will be my fifth year walking in the race, and the fourth that my friend and I have walked with our daughters. My family  look forward to this experience together. The girls and I walk, while Mr. Husband joins The 3 Mile of Men.

Last year I wore a pink wig. After the race was over, my family wouldn't let me wear my wig to the mall. This year... lets just say I plan on doing it BIG! If I spray my hair pink, they won't have a choice!

The past couple of years, I've learned the strong voice blogs, social media has, and it effective it can be when rallying the troops. This year, I plan to use my "social media voice" for a one of my favorite causes.

Stay tooned!

1 comments:

Sophia said...

I wish I could have went to the walk near my neighborhood. My mother and aunt did go. That's awesome that you are walking. More power to you :)
~Sophia
Fit&FabLiving

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin