I love summer, and all that it has to offer! There are somethings I look forward to more than others. And I thought I'd share them with you!
1. The kids are out of school! If you've read previous posts, you'd know how much I've looked forward to not having to get the kids up for school!
2. Adventures galore! I want to explore things in our backyard, not literally, that we've never done, or seen. There is so much in my own state, I've missed, and the kids don't even have a clue.
3. Lighting bugs. Some people call them fireflies, but down south, their lighting bugs! I can stand out side for as long as their out, and just watch their show. Yes, and occassionally, I still catch a few, but I let them go.
4. Fried green tomatoes. OMG, fried green tomatoes are as much summer to me as watermelon, and our family reunion. My grandmother used to make them for me, and now, I make them with my baby girl.
5. Watermelons. Mmmm, just thinking about the taste and smell of watermelon makes my mouth water. Yes, you can get watermelon all year long. Somewhere, someone is growing them, but it's not like an Arkansas watermelon! Have you ever had a Hope watermelon?! Hope, Arkansas, you know the place where Bill Clinton was born.
6. Frogs & Crickets. Yes, frogs and crickets! And no I don't catch them! My grandparents lived in the country. At night I'd lay in bed with the windows up, and listen to the frogs and crickets. That's music to my ears! During the summer, after a rain, the frogs in a nearby bayou cut up! Mr. Husband won't let me sleep with the windows up.
Okay, that's all I have time for. I could go on, and on and on. But, I must get ready for work! What do you like about summer?