lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, January 8, 2010

Put Up, Or Shut Up


Two of my new years goals (not resolutions) are to return to the Capital City Classic 10k, and redeem myself. The the other, lose 14 pounds by my birthday May, 16. They are 12 weeks, and five months away.

It's day 8 of the new year, and I've not put any effort toward either goal. I've also said, I'm buying the EA Active for Wii, and have yet to do so. My excuses have been, it's really cold. It's 19 degrees, right now, and the high will be ONLY 22 today! I went to buy the EA Active for myself, but Wal-Mart was all out. I know... not very good excuses.

After reading Renee's post at Cutie Bootie Cakes, about her success, and motivation, in her weight loss journey, I was inspired. Today she said, "I hope you are ready to take this ride with me."

It was as if she was speaking directly to me! Finally, I'm ready to shut up, and put up!

It's not just about fitting into a certain size jean, it's more about my health! I'm taking medicine for my thyroid, it's not an option, as well as, two medicines for blood pressure, about four years now. In November, my cholesterol was one point from being high, which means it is too high! Actually, I'm not in bad shape, it's mostly hereditary! But I don't want to add another pill, especially, if I can help it!

Over the weekend, I'm going to find a diet plan that works for me, buy the EA Active for Wii, and what else it takes to get started. Monday morning, I'm coming out swinging like a girl!

6 comments:

Krystal Grant said...

I wish you much success. Renee is really inspiring me to get on a healthier track too. I LOVE those pink gloves!

ParlinMom said...

I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and I didn't open it until Jan 4th so don't feel bad just put your mind to it and you will get it done.

I have been battling the weight game since I stopped breast-feeding my daughter and that was 9 months ago but when I looked at how tired I am from trying to keep up with her I KNEW I had to get on that board and it has been helping. I'm tired but I have a little more energy to run after her.

Good luck and all the best to you!!!

Nicole said...

You go girl! You can do it. I have some fitness goals too that I plan to implement on Monday. I had a severe asthma attack on New Years day so i had to give myself some time to recoup. I can't wait to get started though! Keep us updated on your progress.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Karina קרינה said...

I also have a wii, and I was so motivated at first, but now I've been really lazy. I lost 7 lbs but my goal is like 70. It is a process."It's not just about fitting into a certain size jean, it's more about my health!" This is true, Im in late 20's with hypertention (high blood pressure, bad knees, bad ankles etc. Not good. Thanks for your words. they motivate me to continue in this struggle.

Karina

African American Mom said...

I had planned on running the LR Marathon but I think I am not so ready. When and where is the Capital City Classic 10k?

Good Luck to you!

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin