lrheader Home About Media Contact

Thursday, November 5, 2009

She's In The 5th Grade!

Earlier this week while combing baby girls hair for school, I look in the mirror, her face is long, and nose looks like Rudolph.

I ask,"And what's wrong with you?"

"I don't want my hair like this," she whispers.

"And what's wrong with your hair?"

"Mama, I'm in the 5th grade."
Can some one tell me when 5th GRADE became the... no more barrettes and balls, no more than two pony tail, pig tails, or what ever the flipity-flop they're called, I'm a big girl now, mile marker? Was there a summit, pow-wow, or meeting of the minds? If there was, NO ONE bothered to tell me nothing, or forward the minutes!

I have four girls, and she's the youngest. It would seem, I'd have it in the bag by now. WRONG!

5 comments:

KCSherri said...

I think girls are growing up WAY faster than we did - or even our older children. I have 3 older daughters, and my youngest daughter is in 4th grade - she's WAY ahead on everything, unfortunately!

They need to have support groups for us moms of daughters who grow up too fast! :)

Have a blessed day! Enjoyed the blog!

Sherri

Gloria said...

Loved this post . . funny but a little sad too 'cos children who live now in the 'video world' really are growing up tooooooo quickly. I have a son in his 30's and Jeez, where did it all go!!

Really enjoyed reading this post and it has put a big smile on my face to start the day:)

You have a new follower! Come visit me when you can:)
http://gloriacarringtonferrira.blogspot.com/

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

Girls grow up soooo fast. Thankfully mine is in pre-k and right now I keep her hair in beads. I dread the day she tells me that she's too old!

Chief said...

aha! I work in a k-9 school and we comment on this all the time. It is amazing when the 5th graders come back in the fall, they have changed so much! Their style and the way they talk.

We also notice they become VERY mean to each other!

Praying for you!

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Drama Queen - I'm all for the support group. This is my younges, and I want her to be my baby for just a little while longer.

Gloria - Thanks for stopping by, reading, commenting and following. Yes kids are growig up waaay too fast. I want to pump the breaks!

Diva Ma - Cherish the days she's still young. Last night we looked at pictures of a just a few years ago. I wanted to cry. My babies have grown up so fast. They even have their own idea of fashion. That's a differnt post all together!

Chief - That's exactly what I'm saying. What's with the 5th grade thing?! Do they have some sort of awakening? Please pray for me!

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin