lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, October 30, 2009

Word Verification - Gone

I did it! I successfully turned off that awful, pesky, and no one really likes it, Word Verification!

I've read rants about word verification on others blogs, more than a few times. Some have beseeched the rest of us to follow suit, and banish it. I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago... if I just knew how.

Lee, The Hot Flash Queen, helped me big time, with step by step instructions. She promised, by making the change, a HUGE increase in comments would follow. I'm holding you to it Lee. Feeling generous, or sorry for the rest of us, Lee also, posted instructions on how to enable a separate window for comments. Wow, I feel like I'm growing up.

If you've been longing to ditch word verification, and like me, didn't have a clue, run on over to Lee's. You know you want to.

3 comments:

Lee said...

YAY!!!

Caffeinated Weka said...

Congratulations on being brave enough to turn word verification off! I still receive a fair bit of spam messaging on other sites (as well as blogs) that I maintain, so am not quite ready to try it for myself yet, but I'm a huge supporter of open access to online communication. Now, if only the spammers would play by the rules ...

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin