lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sweet Tooth Satisfied!



I've always said that I'm not much of a sweet eater, but recently that's far from the truth. Lately I crave sweets! Last week I was terrible. I made a rice pudding, a blackberry cobbler, and my nephew made a icebox lemon pie and cupcakes. Yes... in the same week, and I indulged. My sweet tooth was sat-is-fied!

One of my new favorite cooking shows is The Chew. I dvr it every day so I can watch it when I can. Clinton Kelly recently made an Apple Cranberry Cobbler, he said he made it every week (with different fruit) this summer until he perfected it. And perfected it, he did. It was delicious!!!

I had a migraine, and was trying to do anything but lay down. When I succumb then I get really sick. What better way to take my mind off my headache than cook. I had apples, so it was going to be an apple cobbler, but then there was no baking soda... So off to WalMart I went.

While in WalMart, my apple cobbler turned into a blackberry cobbler, and of course I had to buy ice cream. Not any old ice cream would do, it had to be Blue Bell homemade vanilla.

This recipe is not like my grandmother's cobbler with a thin buttery crust on top and bottom. It's more like a dump, a batter poured over the berries.  Did I say it was delicious?! 

Taste testing started as soon as it was out of the oven. You know that thing you do when you bite into something hot, you're trying to eat and blow at the same time with it in your mouth? Yeah... that was me. I knew it was hot, but I had to taste anyway.

Although it's not the cobbler I'm used to, it's definitely one I'll make again, and again.
 

1 comments:

Krystal Grant said...

You need to send some of that right to Atlanta. It looks great. One day, I'm gonna be a great cook like you (Or at least rich enough to hire a chef that can cook like you).

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin