lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, March 2, 2012

One Day At A Time


I love Coca Cola! I don't drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, or drink liquor... Coke has been my vice for years. Generally I'll have one, at the most two 20 ounces a day, that's it. Mr. Husband has been on me about cutting back, or cutting it out all together. Of course, I wasn't hearing it.

Last week, I went to the doctor, and of course I haven't lost any of the weight I'd gained last summer. And it was also no surprise that my blood pressure was elavated. With added weight, my blood pressure goes up, throw in very little activity ... you understand. My doctor wanted to increase the dosage of my medicine, but I persuaded her to let me lose the weight first.   

Two days after that doctor visit,  the nasty bug that was creeping through my house attacked me. Mr. Husband and I both had the flu. Last Wednesday, February 22, was the LAST time I had a Coke.Today makes 9 days without! I didn't intentionally decide to stop drinking Coke. Yes, I understand how much sugar is in soda, and it contributes to my weight gain. My philosophy has been to cut back somewhere else.

While sick, I didn't have a Coke, and before I knew it, it had been three days. After I started feeling better I then decided, I'll take it one day at a time, without Coke. Today is day nine. Don't get me wrong, I have had soda, ginger ale. Yesterday was hard! I was experiencing a nagging headache, it had to be withdrawals. My mother had an open 2 liter of Coke... I saw it, and got a cup of water. Later, half a fruit soda helped me through.

Realizing, I'm not a spring chicken any more, my health is in my hands. Although I'm not obese, and I only need to lose 10-15 lbs, my family history of high blood pressure, and glaucoma is a major factor. I'm not professing a major workout, and announcing how many pounds I'm going to lose by next week. What I am saying is I don't want any more medicine, or to develop glaucoma, or failed kidneys... and it's all up to me!

2 comments:

hangingwithangie said...

WATER!!!! Drink water!!! It will help quench the thirst. it's better than soda and healthier. Washes away the impurities. I"m proud of you for making your decision to take care of you.

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Angie - I'm trying to drink as much water as I can. My brain is now programed to want something with flavor.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin