I'm trying my best not to make New Years Resolutions, but I can't help thinking about places I'd like to go, or see, and things I'd like to do. Some this year, and others this lifetime, but do plan to do them all!
1. Visit The Redwood Forest. Watching The Rise of The Planet Apes, Caesar was taken to play and climb amongst the red woods. It reminded me of a song we sang when I was young... "This land is your land, this land is my land, from the Redwood Forest to the gulf stream waters..." Why the red woods? Why not.
2. Camp at Petit Jean Mountain's Cedar Falls. This State park is in my back yard. Not actually, but I can get there inside of two hours. Last year I tossed around the idea of going, but I missed going before it got warm, and the water fall dried up for the summer. THIS YEAR, I'm making definite plans to go! My family has never been camping, and it's time... in the cabins of course!
3. Wade in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. I've never been to California, and when I went to Virginia, I could see the Atlantic Ocean. We never got close enough where I could put my feet in. I have a strong urge to see both. I have been to the Gulf of Mexico, in Galveston, and played in the Caribbean Sea in Montego Bay, Jamaica (pictured above). The water was... I don't have words.
4. See a Broadway show. In 1991, I was in New York, my friend and I stood in line to get tickets to a show in the freezing cold. By the time we got to the window the show we wanted to see was all sold out. My middle daughter went to New York, two years ago with a group, and they saw The Lion King, and loved it. I made up my mind, seeing a Broadway show was going on my list.
5. Zip line. Although I am afraid of heights, I've wanted to take a zip line tour for a while. Sounds crazy, but it excites me just thinking about it. And guess what... there are zip line tours in my state!
6. Visit San Antonio's River Walk. My mother, and my husband have both talked about how beautiful the River Walk is, and it's a must see for me!
7. Join Pintrest! I've seen so many cool pictures and pinups (I think that's what it's called) on Twitter, and Facebook, until I'm really intrigued! Pintrest is defiantly a THIS YEAR "to do."
8. Update my wardrobe. Because I've gained weight, and need to lose 15 lbs. NOTHING fits! I'm not a fashionista, and I'd really like to be that fashion foward hot mama! After I lose the weight, THIS YEAR, I'd love to start working on a whole new wardrobe, especially clothes for work! I'm going to need help, a stylist, or maybe even a coach!
What are things you've been thinking about, pondering, or just considering? Come on... let's make it happen. You Only Live Once #YOLO!