lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, November 11, 2011

Keeper Of Laundry


No one does as much laundry as I do! I take that back, the Duggars now expecting their 20th child should probably have someone on staff doing only laundry! I'm right behind them.

With five children, who have always been active in sports, my washer and dryer are always in use washing uniforms, school clothes, towels... I don't mind washing clothes. I didn't say I enjoyed the task, but I don't despise it. What I really don't care for is folding clothes, and I hate folding socks. That's where the kids come in. I wash, and they fold! Although I've taught them how to wash, I am the Keeper of Laundry.

When our week gets busy and I can't wash as much as I'd like to, I have laundry marathons on Saturday. I try to see how many loads I can wash in a day. My personal best is 8 loads.

Questions: How can 10 socks go in the dryer, and seven come out? Where is the world does the other three socks go?

I've tried only a few different laundry detergents and softeners, during my tenure as Keeper of Laundry. Tide laundry detergent, plus the regular scent liquid Gain softener, along with Gain's Apple Mango Tango dryer sheets (2), have been our laundry combination.

You're probably wondering... why softener in the wash, and the dryer? I love the smell of fresh clothes. There's nothing like drying off with a towel that smells so good. Football, basketball, softball, or track, it's important the kids uniforms smell just as good as our towels!

While at Blogalicious11, I received the Gain Forget Me Not dryer bar. I'd never used a dryer bar before, and was curious. It's Gain... need I say more?! The smell is awesome, and don't have to remember to add the sheets. I am amazed that  bar stays put in the dryer.

At the Gain booth, they were taking pictures of us in silly costumes. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to dress up, and look foolish.

What's your laundry routine?

Disclaimer: I did receive a Gain dryer bar while at a conference, but no compensation for this post. The views expressed as always, are my own.

4 comments:

kita said...

My routine is to just wash when the clothes pile to the top of the baskets which is usually once a week it takes me 2 days to wash and fold clothes and I only have 2 kids. I use gain and tide and love them both with lots of fabric softner.

La'Tonya Richardson said...

When we wait... it's so not good. We end up with mounds of clothes! My family loves fabric softener, they want the whole house to smell of it!

Krystal Grant said...

What a cute picture. How did I miss the Gain booth? I must have been in my room napping!

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Krystal - I don't know how you missed Gain! Why do I insist on taking the crazy picture? I plan on doing better in the future. Yeah right!

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin