Wednesday, June 29, 2011
When I first started blogging, for some crazy reason, I thought I was the lone Arkansas blogger. Soon I found out there were more, many more! I met a few last year at Little Rock CheeseburgHer, and even more at the Arkansas Womens Bloggers Meetup in December. And you guessed it, I met even more bloggers fom Arkansas, along with a few from out of state at this mini-conference.
Arkansas Women Bloggers Unplugged was hosted by the Ozark Natural Science Center, (an absolutely beautiful place, in what appeared in the dark as, the middle of no where!
I learned so much, and took pages, and pages of notes. I would have Tweeted some of the great information, but because of our remote location, we were truly unplugged. Following is information that should have been Tweets.
- Wow, @ONCS is awesome! Note to self... must come back again. Wonder what it looks like in daytime. #AWBU
- Promote other people 12 times more than your own. via @TechTeacherGirl #AWBU
- Write lots of blog post while you have the ideas, and schedule your post. via @JackieWolven #gentraffic #AWBU
- Connect to other communities. Connect yourself to things you're aligned with on the web. #gentraffic #AWBU
- Post recipes, or how-to's... anything with a step-by-step tutorials #gentraffic #AWBU
- @CollectiveBias rocks BIG TIME! #communities #AWBU
- Thou shall be consistent, not just on blog, but Facebook, and Twitter. via @NWAMotherlode #10command #AWBU
- Thou shall have a brand name, tag line and logo #10command #AWBU
- @RobynsWorld is #kindofabigdeal. She'll never live this down! lol #AWBU
And this was only a taste of what the weekend had to offer.
The conference sponsors include Collective Bias, Off Botanicals, Elmer's Glue, Field Notes Brand, Ghirardelli Chocolate, H.J. Heinz, MurphyUSA, NWA Motherlode, Petit Jean Meats, and SC Johnson brands (Glade, Windex, Shout, OFF!).