lrheader Home About Media Contact

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eat Your Heart Out

Last weekend while preparing my menu, and shopping list I came across Betty Crocker's Website. It's a treasure of recipes. I was in heaven!

I printed a few quick and simple recipes, to get my family through the very busy days of spring. That brings me to today's Project What's For Dinner - Easy Ravioli Bake! Growing up, I never liked ravioli, sorry Chef Boyardee. And now, only my son really likes it.

Since the objective of Project What's For Dinner is to cook 1) something my family has never had before, (2) something I've never cooked, or (3) a new spin on an old favorite. Ravioli falls under #2.

This recipe was so simple! Of course I had to make a few adjustments, I added ground turkey to my sauce. The recipe calls for one jar of sauce, but it actually needs two. I forgot to put sauce in the bottom of the of the dish, and could have used more. Had I followed exact directions, I wouldn't have had enough sauce for the top layer.

I served it with a tossed salad, and Texas toast. My family, and I loved it, and they rated it - 4 Forks! Eat your heard out Chef Boyardee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin