lrheader Home About Media Contact

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blogging, Cooking, and A Movie

My family brought in the new year watching movies. I bought Lottery Ticket and Julie & Julia. As things would have it, I watched Julie and Julia, by myself before our movie night began.

Two true stories of blogger Julie Powell, and famous chef Julia Child, are intertwined into one beautiful movie. Julie wrote a blog about her one year project of cooking through one of Julia Child's early cookbooks.

For obvious reasons I wanted to see this movie. Julie is a blogger, I'm a blogger... she loves to cook, I love to cook. Through out the movie I was rooting, smiling, and trying my best not to cry with Julie. She almost inspired me to bone a duck. NOT!

I so wanted her to meet Julia Child, and was crushed with Julia's response to Julia's project! Had it been fiction and I wrote it, Julia would have met with her, they would have cooked together, and drank a lot of wine.

I'm looking forward to seeing more movies about bloggers, blogging and social media, and of course, I'll buy them too!

I give Julie and Julia two thumbs up, it's a must see.

3 comments:

KCSherri said...

I totally loved that movie, as well...in fact, it inspired me recently to start culinary classes - at the grand old age of 48! I figured if Julia Childs could start cooking classes in her 40's, then it's never too late!

Nikki said...

Thanks for the review! I haven't seen this movie but heard some good things about it. I am going to put in on my lists of movies to see!

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Drama Queen - I'd love to take a cooking class. Have fun!

Nikki - Do put this movie on your list of movies to see! You'll be glad you did.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin