lrheader Home About Media Contact

Friday, November 12, 2010

Breakfast-To-Go

Usually, when I blog about food, it's always dinner. Today, it's all about breakfast!

Each morning, I almost have to drag my three youngest out of the bed. They have exactly one hour to get up, get ready, and get out of the house to make their bus. There has literally been a few mornings where one of them, take your pick, is running with a shoe or belt in hand, while the bus is waiting at the corner. Mr. Husband and our son are also strapped for time each morning.

No one has time to sit down, or stand to eat breakfast. I started making their breakfast to go. Mr. Husband's breakfast has always been to go. For years it's been a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, and every once in a while, I'd change up the meat. BORING!!!

If I don't make them breakfast they can grab, and eat on the bus, or once they get to school/work... my family wouldn't eat breakfast. And I can't have that.

Lately I've tried to be more creative in providing them with a variety. I made my take on the McDonald's, McGriddle breakfast sandwich. The first time I made it, I mixed and made pancakes. This week, I chose to work smarter, not harder.

I bought prepared pancakes and maple sausage from the grocery freezer, they're the perfect size. I played short order cook, and made eggs for the three that wanted it.

Bibity-bobity-boo, and it's Breakfast-To-Go! My family loves it!

Mr. Husband called home a few mornings ago, after eating his breakfast, "That breakfast sandwich was really good."

Yeah, I felt like a big deal. If your family is like mine, they let you know when something I cook bombs. And every now and then, it gets in my feelings. But when something is good, and they enjoy it, they let me know that too. And that is better than ANY payment!

4 comments:

Toyin O. said...

You sound like a great cook, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Unknown said...

First time visitor here! Great blog! I'll be back! lol

Anonymous said...

Man, really want to know how can you be that smart, lol...great read, thanks.

funkidivagirl said...

Look at you! That's a good idea. My daughter hates to eat breakfast, but I make her eat at least a piece of toast.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin