lrheader Home About Media Contact

Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Thanksgiving Pies

Another 40s First!

My very first pecan pie! Actually there were two. The other was missing almost ALL of the pie.

My husband had the first taste, only minutes out of the oven. He gave me a Hi-5. My daughter got the next piece, and my Dad had a thin slice, (just in case it wasn't good). Daddy gave me "the nod," when he asked for a second, larger piece.

My family can be harsh when it comes to their picky tastes.

Usually, for family gatherings, they look for me to make a punch bowl cake. Not this year. I wanted to try my hand at pecan pies. Although they liked my pies very well, (there was NONE left), they missed the punch bowl cake.

No, I didn't use an old family secret recipe. I used the recipe from the package of pecans:

3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. pecan halves
2 (9 in) unbaked or frozen pie crusts (not deep dish)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs, sugar, syrup, butter and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crusts. Bake pie on a cookie sheet 50-55 minutes or until a knife into the center of pie comes out clean. Let cool. Serve at room temperature.

As simple as that!

5 comments:

Chief said...

that was a pie that was missing from the menu this year and I was devastated. This looks so good!

Katherine Jenkins said...

That pie looks delicious. I'm going to make it next year..THANKS! I just turned 40 too!!!!!!!! I'm following you here, would love it if you followed mine ^_^!. I have a funny blogpost on turning 40!

KCSherri said...

Yummo! I gained 5 pounds just looking at your pie!

And what is punch bowl cake? Never heard of it... but it sounds interesting!

Sherri

Caffeinated Weka said...

It looks absolutely delicious! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Woah! That pie looks good!

Makes me want to eat it eventhough Im severly allergic to nuts! LOL

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin