lrheader Home About Media Contact

Monday, November 9, 2009

Household Experiment

My daughters friend has three very adorable children. 'The Babies,' are two girls, three and one and-a-half, and a six month old boy. When I'm in need of a baby fix, we (my children and I) pick them up, and love on them for a few hours.

Saturday, like always my children were smothering, and fussing all over them. The oldest wanted to color, and Baby Girl, gave both toddlers crayons. The three-year-old colored on her paper, and the other on the wall.

Immediately, I got on the Internet and searched, "How to remove crayon from walls." Clicking on the first item that popped up, it suggested three methods of removal. And the science experiment began.

#1 Finger nail polish remover:
Finger nail polish DOES NOT remove purple crayon from walls. What it does remove is PAINT!
Now there is a brown patch, (the wall), where blue paint used to be. BUSTED

#2 - A hair dryer, and dish washing liquid:
The dryer should have melted, or softened the crayon, making it easy for the soap to just wash it off. That didn't happen either. The heat only caused the crayon to run. BUSTED

#3 - Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
While I tried numbers one and two, my oldest daughter went to the store to buy Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Just as the name boasts, it works like magic! I didn't have to use a lot of elbow grease, or stand on my head and scrub for 20 minutes. It worked quickly, and like a charm!
From now on, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will be on hand for the tough stuff! WORKED

Shortly after removing the crayon, I redecorated slightly! That ficus tree that I wanted to get rid of is no longer in the den. It has now taken up residence in the library, covering the naked spot on the wall. And Mr. Husband, who was at work, is none the wiser. SHhh!

6 comments:

Caffeinated Weka said...

A couple of months ago, when visiting my brother, he informed me that "my nephew" has now taken to drawing on walls. Even in the space of a few unattended minutes, this 18-month-old could achieve a whole heap of "decorating" at about two feet off the ground! It seems like washable crayons actually do work, but I was pleased at that time to hand my brother back "his son", lol.

Stesha said...

Mr Clean Magic Erasers are AWESOME! I love that you can reuse them too! On Saturdays I wet a few and hand them over to my boys to wipe down our staircase and all the doors.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

KCSherri said...

I'm sorry, but I was laughing at your reviews of the product - what a sucky way to find out what works and what doesn't! Good to know now - thanks! You should do like an infomercial or something!

Too funny!

Have a blessed day,
Sherri

Chaotically Calm said...

Hey La'Tonya

Don't worry mum's the word.

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is the most wonderfulest (I know it's not a word) cleaning product this side of bleach. It cleans everything and I mean everything with little to no effort. It never lets me down.

The last disaster cleaning situation I used this great product on was a unknown dried grease spill in my cabinet. This was a consequence of traveling, I didn't realize the vegetable oil spilled all over the place and then dried and left crusty mcnastyness all over the place. Whipped out Magic Eraser and BAM no more grease or grime.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

the magic eraser is the holy grail of motherhood and cleaning. i would use it on my own children if it weren't toxic

Unknown said...

Like Speaking from the Crib said, this eraser truly is the holy grail of motherhood.

They should hand them out at the hospital in the maternity ward. When you go home you get:

1. the baby,

2. newborn diapers and an infant T-shirt, and

3. a four-pack of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin