lrheader Home About Media Contact

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thirteen Weeks

I am committed!

March 14, 2009, I will walk in the Little Rock (Half) Marathon. That’s 13.1 miles. This past October, made my second time walking in the Susan G. Komen Race 4 the Cure. That was a 5K, (3.1 miles) the Little Rock Marathon is the REAL DEAL.

Walking in a marathon is on my list of things “To-do,” during my year of being “40.” Although I am very excited about the adventure, I had to think rationally, and do what I knew to do. Research. Walking a half marathon is more than a notion and deciding, “I’m going to do it.” There is training involved.

Armed with a training schedule from marathonwalking.com, I enlisted two other women to prepare with me. One is along for the training, and the other will walk the half marathon as well. Having company helps the time pass by, and makes it much easier to get out of bed EARLY. A support group is key to my continued motivation.

This week, the first of our thirteen-week training, started off a little slow. Tuesday, the first day of walking was shut down due to rain. Even though we had a slow start, we ended our first week of training having walked a total of seven miles. I’d say that’s pretty good.

I’m looking forward to all that the next twelve weeks of training will bring, and writing about the process.
Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day... comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin